Wednesday, September 2, 2009

NOLA, baby.

Well, here I am. In New Orleans. Good thing I drove 678 miles so that I could sit. In a library. And study.*

But! New place to study means I need some new music to study to!

Here's the playlist I'll be studying to today. It's fairly eclectic, but I stayed away from hip-hop so that I wouldn't get locked into the beats while reading the same paragraph over and over again.

The xx is a group of 19 year olds I found the other day on Pitchfork, the (8.7!) review and entire album are here: http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/13400-xx/

I clearly can't stop listening to Thievery lately after the concert this summer, and radiohead, css and the knife seem to be staples i can't get away from.

Neko Case and Gillian Welch are not my usual type of music, but a friend in Kenosha turned me on to them and they're also playing constantly in my life...


Okay. Enough nerdiness. Apologies for the repeats, enjoy the music!


---

*Also I may or may not have spent the past 6 hours chronicling about 500 songs from my childhood.

...I really hope I don't go deaf.

No comments:

Post a Comment